Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 30-lb. tank of genuine R12 with pressure gauges since the A/C in both Cruella and Betty still use Freon.

I'm getting the Service A/C light on occasion and in checking the codes, I see F47: Low Refrigerant Charge. It's still cooling well, so I don't think it's all that low.

Anyway, my brother-in-law has taken a class in A/C service and will show me how to charge my system. What we need are the pressure tables for the high and low side so it's charged properly. My Haynes shop manual doesn't have that data. It basically says take the car to a mechanic. Big help, eh?

If anybody has a Factory Service Manual or other A/C service manual with the correct pressure tables for these cars, I'd appreciate it if you could scan the table and post it here. Or send me a PM. Thanks!

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
gdwriter,
I bought the autozone DVD for $6 which is cheaper then the A/C manual and it shows you what to look for and how to repair. I would recommend and you would not be disappointed this is something you can sell after you do a few times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts