Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just received my 92 allente. seems that some where there was a discussion on where the battery was located...…….. how to get to it for checking and/or replacement.

could use that information again, please.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,850 Posts
Behind the passenger seat. Pull the panel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great...……. much thanks 409. i'll check that out tomorrow. any thing else in hints you might have, pass em along.

·
Registered
1993 Allante 40k miles
4 Posts
FYI, mine (93 Allante), does not have a key, the panel simply pulls off with two tabs that allow it to click in/out. Be gentle as the tabs don't appear to be too strong. As others have said, its behind the passenger seat on the side panel, not in the floor. Rather tight spot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tip mr wolfpack. I found the battery. my 84 barritz has a electronic battery float charger on it all the time. my concern was where to put a float charger in this car
under the hood on the left side ( facing the hood ) are two studs, both show positive on the volt meter. i'm thinking this is where the float charger will be connected.. since this will be a every now-a-then car, i'll need to keep the battery charged. wadda think...….. ?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,850 Posts
My STS garage queen sits with a BatteryMinder hooked up 24/7/365. Long battery life, no problems. Same arrangement - my battery is under the rear seat, BatteryMinder is connected to the underhood + and - studs.

A battery tender will actually greatly extend battery life by keeping the battery fully charged and de-sulfated.

Google "lead acid automotive battery charging and maintenance".

·
Registered
1992 Allante Black / Beige
86 Posts
The Remote Positive Terminal under the hood on the left side- the post closest to the front of the car is your Positive terminal. Then connect the negative to a solid engine ground- I use the bolt head for the power steering pump bracket on my '92.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, mine (93 Allante), does not have a key, the panel simply pulls off with two tabs that allow it to click in/out. Be gentle as the tabs don't appear to be too strong. As others have said, its behind the passenger seat on the side panel, not in the floor. Rather tight spot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got mine at harbor freight. next week, after the guys finish replacing the shocks and bushings. i'll get another. this car as well as my other caddy both have full all wx car covers. like yours...……. under roof. even with the covers. thanks for the info...…… have a cool and safe weekend keep in touch ! !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts