Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do this about every other month......from Pa to Vermont......just a quick summary: Got 24mpg.....tranny is still a bit a jerky when cold, the front end caught a huge amount of bug splat....some have called the huge grill structure a "cow catcher" .....don't know about cows but I spent 3 hours removing spring bug guts today! Adaptive cruise worked beautifully! ...and people do move out of the way when they see that massive front end approaching?

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
blit184 said:
I do this about every other month......from Pa to Vermont......just a quick summary: Got 24mpg.....tranny is still a bit a jerky when cold, the front end caught a huge amount of bug splat....some have called the huge grill structure a "cow catcher" .....don't know about cows but I spent 3 hours removing spring bug guts today! Adaptive cruise worked beautifully! ...and people do move out of the way when they see that massive front end approachingdde00

I do the same driving every month at least 940 miles. That's why I had an xpel ultimate installed. Makes it easy to scrub those bugs. 500-540 mile range.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV Platinum 4x4
30 Posts
I do the same driving every month at least 940 miles. That's why I had an xpel ultimate installed. Makes it easy to scrub those bugs. 500-540 mile range.
I'm also planning on get xpel ultimate installed on the whole front. Do you mind sharing how much you paid for it? the guy here is quoting me $750.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Cadillacaholic said:
I'm also planning on get xpel ultimate installed on the whole front. Do you mind sharing how much you paid for it? the guy here is quoting me $750.
I paid $950 includes the hood, front bumper and right and left fenders.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
Cadillacaholic said:
Thanks!, I see there are different rates for full hood/partial hood and full fender/partial fender. Did you went with full or partial?
It's only partial hood and fender with the xpel and warranty.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade Platinum
28 Posts
We went with a full front wrap ( hood, fenders and front) with all door handle pockets and top half of doors for $1100. Learned the hard way on a prior vehicle - day 3 wife got caught behind a dump truck on the interstate...hauling gravel without the cover on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts