Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there is a lock in the '90 Seville because my rear windows won't roll down all the way. The front roll down, but the back two windows will just roll down half way. I am guessing I would need to take the door apart to check it if there is no lock. I only ask because I have not seen one. Of course, that does not mean there is not one in the car somewhere. ANy help appreciated!

·
Registered
2002 Seville SLS, all black--261,000 miles
934 Posts
Well I'd call it more like 2/3 of the way down, but, ya, I think that's normal. I do have a driver control to lock the rear windows, but that just stops the window motors from obeying the rear doors' window motor switches. I'm not aware of any user-configurable setting that would allow you to set the a maximum roll-down point. And I checked my user manual.

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
It's a non-adjustable child safety feature. That said, depending on the geometry and the regulator, there may be a stop installed in the mechanism that could possibly be removed. If like my '99, the rear windows travel both down and to the rear, there won't be any room for further travel.

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SwampeastMike, that is exactly what it does. I will try to roll it down and then it goes a little back and stops. Well, if it is supposed to be that way I am fine with it. I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be that way. I will probably be trying to fix some of the little problems in the car this summer so... One down. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts