Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Deville
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 SDV that has had repeated E22 TPS codes since the day I got it 3 years ago. I've replaced the TPS and adjusted it several times, but the light keeps coming back. After getting disgusted recently with the TPS and a semi-functional ISC, I was at the local U-Pull-It and saw a pristine 90 SDV. $25 later I had the entire throttle body with all the lines attached, etc. Took it home, cleaned it up, put it on, and it purrs like a kitten, except the E22 code keeps setting. Well, I now believe it must be a wiring issue. I have the Factory Service Manual and a Haynes and see there is a connection somewhere on the firewall between the engine compartment and interior, any idea where it might be? Any other ideas as to where I could be having a wiring issue? Any know trouble spots in teh wiring? I intend to pull the ECM and clean the connections there and have at the TPS several times already. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1992 Sedan Deville, 1984 Lincoln Town Car
759 Posts
U R probly right about the wiring. If you don't have one already, a VOM to check the wiring would come in quite handy for you right about now. You would do much better to look in your FSM under PFI system diagnosis and understand the circuit, follow the procedures there to help pinpoint the source of the "open TPS circuit" than relying on the Haynes. It is nowhere near as helpful for this kind of thing.

·
Registered
69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 03 Corolla | 89 Marquis(scrapped) | 72 Torino(scrapped)
2,026 Posts
Double threading makes it TWICE as hard for people to help you with your problem and keep track of your troubleshooting progress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts