Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Deville
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 SDV that has had repeated E22 TPS codes since the day I got it 3 years ago. I've replaced the TPS and adjusted it several times, but the light keeps coming back. After getting disgusted recently with the TPS and a semi-functional ISC, I was at the local U-Pull-It and saw a pristine 90 SDV. $25 later I had the entire throttle body with all the lines attached, etc. Took it home, cleaned it up, put it on, and it purrs like a kitten, except the E22 code keeps setting. Well, I now believe it must be a wiring issue. I have the Factory Service Manual and a Haynes and see there is a connection somewhere on the firewall between the engine compartment and interior, any idea where it might be? Any other ideas as to where I could be having a wiring issue? Any know trouble spots in teh wiring? I intend to pull the ECM and clean the connections there and have at the TPS several times already. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 03 Corolla | 89 Marquis(scrapped) | 72 Torino(scrapped)
2,026 Posts
Try a junkyard ECM. If its running and driving fine, then the computer is getting the necessary input from the sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts