Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year everyone, I want to start making my car have more power, its 90' FWB 5.7ltr tow package with 90k. i plan on swapping cam, heads, headers, intake manifold and anything else i can think of along the way. Im just not sure where to start so i can maintain drivablility during this process.
Any knowledge you have would be appreciated

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
The biggest thing you can do is a cam swap. The cam that's in there now is nothing more than a broomstick. If you're good with a die grinder, port the heads a little bit. Everyone says they're crap, which is uneducated. The stock heads (which GM actually calls fastburn) can be ported to flow as well as Vortecs and still retain the swirl port. If you don't want to port the heads, Vortecs are a good choice but they don't have any cold operation provisions. Your best bet would be some AFR or Edelbrock heads. You can buy headers as well, if Destroyer sees this post, ask him where he got his. Lastly, changing the pumpkin gearing. If you have the Coachmaster or Tow package, you have 3.08 gears. If you don't, you have even higher gears than that. Try some 3.73s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts