Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voice coils are rubbing in this 20 year old car.

Do I have to pull the dash or is there a way to get in from the top?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac deville sedan 1986 cadillac deville RIP
1,498 Posts
Well first u need a flat head screwdriver and the regular phillps screw driver and maybe a small ratchet or a small screwdriver . Take the flat head screwdriver and pry out the ac vents all four and then you should see four holes with a phillps screw in them. Take all four of them out and if you look on your dash where the vent is you should see three phillps screws I belive , take those off and it should slide off and the top of the dash should be off and your delcos should be seen. Ur gonna need a small screw driver or a angled one to get those screws off the speaker mounts. Becareful not to pull loose your ac vents off the top dash when taking it off. I usually slide it towards me and I usually stop pulling it when it hit the steering wheel. Good luck

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was afraid of. Too bad...
On another car, I just pulled a little tab to lift the grill, then four screws got the speaker out and a new one plugged in. Ten minutes for both sides.

This one looks like another Cadillac Adventure.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Its a mission and a pain cuz of the clearence from the dash to the window but at least your not changing a water pump lol.. if u nned more help let me knnow. The ac vents slide back on no problem but make sure you slde it back on right . The way to tell if you don't the ac vents will look uneven thru the vents. And the top screws won't go in .

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
It's not hard but you will break stuff if you aren't careful. If there's a u-pull junkyard nearby go practice on one of theirs.

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea. I'll pick something useless and pull it apart.
Practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
1988 Coupe Deville, 1991 Coupe Deville, 1989, 1994 Eldorado
160 Posts
there are also screws in the defrost vents on top of the dash, and 1 or 2 screws in the top of the glove box.. there are holes in the glove box insert to access them... I think they are torx screws

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I just think you are used to the bad voice coils on those speakers. Change them out we are here to help you. Post your questions

·
Registered
1988 Coupe Deville, 1991 Coupe Deville, 1989, 1994 Eldorado
160 Posts
dont be intimidated by removing the dash... its real easy... it just takes removing screws and it just pops off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts