Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't get under my hood!!!!!

Help

my hood release cable poped. i would like to replace it but I can't open the hood. I have tried pulling on the wire it's self but had no luck. I reoved the front grill but i have no idea on what to do next. Any one had this problem before?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The hood latch release cable on my '90 Deville snapped and I am haveing A hell of a time getting under the hood. i have removed the grill but i have no clue on what to do next. Help any one....

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Re: Can't get under my hood!!!!!

Please tell us the year and model of your car, that will help. if you have removed your grille and can get to the latch it should be just a matter of finding the point of connection of the cable and manually activating it.
Sounds easier than it may turn out to be I'm sure.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Ugh what a project... If you can look at one in the junkyard, it might help you find where the cable is run in your car. IIRC, the latch is BEHIND the rad support, which really hinders access. You might actually have better luck going from under the car.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood FWD / 2000 ETC / 2000 STS / 2006 STS V-8 1SF RWD
475 Posts
Hello...

:yeah: I recommend a visit to your local Pull-A-Part yard so you can disect a hood latch there.
It won't be easy, but it can be done.
I was successful by going in from underneath (car on ramps)
when I repaired a sticky latch on my 1989 Fleetwood.

Patience...and a good flashlight are your best friends!
Other than this, I don't have any further suggestions.

Post back your solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts