Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I though I would be smart and buy a set of 90-92 brougham tail lights off of ebay to put in my 85 fleetwood brougham. got the lights today and gave them a test fit and they would not fit. I tried the light in my 89 brougham and it seemed to fit a little better but it still did not fit that car either.

my question to you guys is do i have to change the bumper ends off a 90-92 car or what? and ideas or suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,407 Posts
Hey guys, I though I would be smart and buy a set of 90-92 brougham tail lights off of ebay to put in my 85 fleetwood brougham. got the lights today and gave them a test fit and they would not fit. I tried the light in my 89 brougham and it seemed to fit a little better but it still did not fit that car either.

my question to you guys is do i have to change the bumper ends off a 90-92 car or what? and ideas or suggestions?
I have a link on my home computer from the lowrider guys that tells exactly how to do this. I will post as soon as I get home.:thumbsup:

Jason.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Actually I have a similar interest..... The 90's lights have three bulbs and the 80's lights only have two. All I'd like to do is add the third bulb, no clear lenses just my red 80's ones. Would it be simple to just swap the bulb housing from a 90's light with an 80's light?

·
Registered
90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I have a similar interest..... The 90's lights have three bulbs and the 80's lights only have two. All I'd like to do is add the third bulb, no clear lenses just my red 80's ones. Would it be simple to just swap the bulb housing from a 90's light with an 80's light?
you could probablly do it but keep in mind that these lights look almost identical, but the they are different sizes. the 80's tail lights are a hair longer and not as wide as the 90's light. but the section you would want is the back side of the 90's tail light, this is where the problem is for the 80s cars. i hope that gives you some help. also check out that web site that was posted up, it talks about the problems that i ran into.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts