Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
absolutely fine.

I swapped the full B&B header/xpipe exhaust yesterday back to manifolds with RT hiflow cats and stock exhuast with gutted mufflers. Man...she's quiet now - but still has a nice little bark when I get on it (still very tame). Probably will have to ditch the resonator for an xpipe/electric cutout setup for those :cookoo: times :D The simple drill a 7/8" hole in the top of the mufflers and fish out all of the fiberglass packing mod (<10 minutes once exhaust is off) gets my :thumbsup: for the best cheap V mod out there.

But that's not the point of this post.

My diff has absolutely no whine. I have the TSB bushings in place with the BMR AWH bar (wish I had Spectre bushings though, will probably put the BMR shims back on). I did swap the fluid twice since install, did about 450 miles break in not as nice or easy as the first two diffs...but seriously folks, my diff is quiet as Urby's tires during a powershift :kick:

So what gives? I can't believe that I just got a lucky magic diff. I've been not in the least bit nice to it, and have plenty of wheel hop in the rain these days. Is it the fluid swaps that are keeping her quiet :confused:

Oh well...I'm glad that I finally have a diff that is lasting...9,000+ of those miles with the Maggie. YMMV

WW

P.S. - don't need a dyno to report that there is a significant SOTP difference in the exhaust change...but I expected as much. At least the wife will be happy for a while and might actually let us take the V on a trip :alchi:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$.59 snap in chrome hole plug from the hardware store, along with some copper RTV. Let dry overnight before firing up. Make sure you have a nice tight fit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave -

Possibly...the jury is still out. There are NO CATS left in the headers, by the way...so keep that in mind.

My first smog check will be next month - and that is part of the reason for the change (though I'm pretty sure I could pass without cats with a little help from a tuner on this board).

I'll keep you posted...WW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts