Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance get to buy a 2007 Escalade ext with 179k and seems to be in great condition for 8k. Is it worth? They replaced air bags on the back for coil over suspension, several other recent maintainer. Do you guys have any expensive issues around this mileage. Looking for feedback, thanks.

·
Registered
It's OK I'm a Limo driver
1,624 Posts
It's a hit or miss really. Lack of previous maintenance will drive up repair costs unless you are handy with wrenches.
If the body and paint are solid then it sounds like it might be worth it. Check the rear main for leaks.

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,675 Posts
My 2008 engine lasted to 193k and the transmission 160k. So I would find out if the transmission has been changed and what’s up with the engine. The price is good though. I would hook up a scanner and check to see when it was last reset.

·
Premium Member
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,675 Posts
If you’re in California I know of a place that will replace your engine for $5100 which includes headers, plugs, wires and will replace any harness that is broken. I also was given a 6 year unlimited mile warranty. They did an excellent job and I put 20k on it before selling my 2008. 2007-2009 are ones to get. I would love to see some pics of it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The biggest expenses while using as a driver are clear coat on paint, chrome peeling on edges of OEM 22” rims causing constant leaks, issues inherent to the 07 trans if it’s not been replaced and gaskets. Specifically the labor costs to replace said gaskets.

Pan & rear main gaskets, brake backing plates to axle gaskets, 2 motor & trans mounts. The previous three mentioned also involve doing the 50 or 100k service on the trans, front & rear diff fluid while your in there because the labor is almost free.

The rear suspension override. Why is the question. The front suspension may have been converted to hydraulic too. Unless it’s a very early model that didn’t have the z55 option Auto/Magneride option. Have someone check for cut harness plugs if it’s a z55 truck.

If you ask an Indi tech how much it costs to convert it back to z55 Magneride, you’ll discover what’s been hacked, damaged and the extent of the value lost in the the process. MagRide should never be removed as lifetime guaranteed struts and air pumps are $2h ea vs. $8h when new in 07. If all the heated seats and both from a/c seats work. I’d consider it and try to weed out any potential deal breaker mechanical issues.

Drive another Magneride equipped Escalade ESV or EXT (that works) to experience a ride 2nd to none for a full size luxo mobile. Only Land/Range Rover surpasses it. For $8k on a non AFM (non cylinder deactivated) 6.2L L92 motor, it’s worth a look. If the dash is cracked it’s an easy swap to add a leather covered Platinum dash from a wrecker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you’re in California I know of a place that will replace your engine for $5100 which includes headers, plugs, wires and will replace any harness that is broken. I also was given a 6 year unlimited mile warranty. They did an excellent job and I put 20k on it before selling my 2008. 2007-2009 are ones to get. I would love to see some pics of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That’s a good looking EXT. If the paint if fairing well I’d look at the interior and fingers crossed it has a/c heated seats that work. Moving down the line I’d look at the other stuff I mentioned by having a shop check it out. If all seems ok after that, any dough you put into it is still a win.

Hammer the accelerator during the test drive to verify the downshift is clean. The shift from 2-3rd is the weak point in 07/08 if it’s the orig trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome thank you for your feedback, will be going there tomorrow. He has replaced in the last year, he forgot to mention new fuel line too:

‘07 Escalade EXT, 178k miles, great condition. Leather interior, moonroof, rear entertainment. Several upgrades and recent maintenance

All 4 brakes just replaced

Power steering rack and pump just replaced

New water pump

New thermostat and sensor

New oil level sensor

New starter

New battery

New suspension front and rear (converted from factory air ride)

LED headlights

Rugged Ridge All Terrain Floor Mats

22” KMC slide wheels w/ new tires (1 year ago)

Cold air intake

Aftermarket touch screen and speakers

$8500 FIRM Read Less

·
Registered
Cadillac
2,182 Posts
It spent most of its life in the NorthEast in PA and Buffalo, NY. Some time in Michigan as well.

Check it out for rust as Buffalo has brutal winters and lots of car rot as a result from brine or whatever they use on the roads.

Lots of good service and no accidents. If it checks out cosmetically and no error codes on dash, could be a screaming deal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It spent most of its life in the NorthEast in PA and Buffalo, NY. Some time in Michigan as well.

Check it out for rust as Buffalo has brutal winters and lots of car rot as a result from brine or whatever they use on the roads.

Lots of good service and no accidents. If it checks out cosmetically and no error codes on dash, could be a screaming deal.
Thanks a lot for your help…. I know, I’ll take a good look underneath. Do there trucks experience rocker rust issues as much as others? Like the cord f150

·
Registered
Cadillac
2,182 Posts
The rockers don't rust out as much as the body seam area behind the rear passenger doors where the wheel arch points toward the rocker. Rust starts from the inside out there (like 4" from the bottom of the rear fender directly adjacent to the vertical door arch). Additionally, the rear hatch on the inside lower seam.. basically the edge that would touch the bumper when closed. Put the hatch up and look underneath.. the seam of the metal rusts out on the inside.

Either way, if the thing is mechanically (even somewhat) correct, that is a screaming deal for one these trucks. It's the type of deal where you could get it and then flip it for quite a many thousands right after.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts