Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use front end parts from a 91 deville to replace parts on a 89? I know they are on the same frame, i just wanna make sure everything i use will bolt up properly or would i need to do some mods... Please help soon, I have a 1991 deville that I have to buy for parts by Friday, but if I can't use it, I wont buy it.

THANKS!

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
Check rockauto to see if the parts you need have the same part numbers. I think they actually tell you what vehicles a certain part will fit but it doesn't always list all the vehicles. I still have to compare part numbers sometimes.

·
Registered
1989 Deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! some of the parts are the same numbers, others are not but i may be able to modify them to make them work. I hope so. I don't want to waste my money buying this car, and not being able to use half of the parts.

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
GM has a really nasty habit of moving changing up the trim every year. Stuff like hood chrome, armrests, underdash, [...] just won't interchange because the nut is 1/4th inch offset from the previous year for no apparent reason. This isn't as much of a problem with chassis and suspension stuff but fair warning on the trim parts they probably will not interchange.

·
Registered
1989 Deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, luckily I really do not need trim pieces. Just stuff like core support and headlight brackets and stuff. Hopefully it will all work out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts