Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It's a beauty! That's for sure...Way too much money though.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac STS-V Spectre CAI, Corsa
60 Posts
No, he also shows the plate and info for "Car Craft Company", who's extra owners manual says "Crafters of Luxury Convertibles". They must have done the conversion here. Not a factory convertible. Interesting car though.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bruce Nunnally said:
No, he also shows the plate and info for "Car Craft Company", who's extra owners manual says "Crafters of Luxury Convertibles". They must have done the conversion here. Not a factory convertible. Interesting car though.
By George you are right! If I only read it a lil' closer! I still thought you guys would get a kick looking at it!:banana: Thanks Bruce! You are always a help..I remember you from the GM Forums.:D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Not a factory ragtop and to tell the truth, doing a drop-top on a uni-body car is an iffy proposition at best. Controlling cowl shake on a uni-body takes a lot of gusseting, which means weight.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll agree with Kev on that.
This

and this

Bother me a bit. Funky, ugly strut brace that dosn't actually suport anything more then the fenders and stress cracks would turn me away real quick. As far as more gussets and weight... That wouldn't bother me. It's a converable. They're traditionaly heavier then the hard top versions because they require the extra bracing.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Read the text.....It's from a backing accident. And from the location and appearance of it it's consistent with a backing accident!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Katshot said:
Controlling cowl shake on a uni-body takes a lot of gusseting, which means weight.
And a Guy that drives a Fleetwood/FTS ( Fat Touring Sedan ) Is concerned about weight?:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
kcnewell said:
And a Guy that drives a Fleetwood/FTS ( Fat Touring Sedan ) Is concerned about weight?:D
Seriously:D .

As for the stress crack, I noticed after I posted the pics it looked like the bumper was pushed in a bit. Then I realized it was the taillight. The strut bracing still isn't very comforting though. Personolly I would have bolted them to the actuall strut mounts instead of the sheet metal. But that's just me;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I do agree with that! At any rate though the thing is grossly overpriced. But look where it comes from......The great retirement community in the south! Obviously, it was NEVER meant to go more than 30 M.P.H. and it probably never has!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts