Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wonder how everyone change their spark plugs on these V8 enigne. Seems to me, the 4 plugs on the back of the engine are really hard to access?? Does anyone have a good way to do it?

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
When I did my 90 it was painful. You have to change the plugs blind - you can feel them but not see them. Took about an hour. Work carefully and watch for plumbing - I accidentally undid my cruise control while back there. The good news is that I only needed a plug socket, 3" extension, and a regular ratchet to do them, although I may have used a stubby ratchet for one. It was a few years ago, but I do remember it being a pain.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just did my plugs on my '89 Deville with the 4.5. Seemed not as hard as some make it out to be. You do have to use the brail method and feel them. I wore a pair of mechanics gloves and had no scratches or scrapes on my hands. I did get a few on my forearm from the heater valve bracket. I used a spark plug socket, a universal joint and a 6" extension. All work great for me. You may pull the wires and look at them. I had a wire resting on the rear manifold which burned a small hole in one. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts