Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this may be a longshot but, does anyone know where I can get the real wood trim that was available in the '88 Fleetwood? I found one in a boneyard up here but the interior wood trim was all busted up by the Neander-Toads who destroyed it while in the process of getting at the stereo and a few other goodies in the dash. The trim covers the main instrument area in front of the steering wheel, wood surrounds are also over the fog light switch and twilight sentinal pod) and is also on each door (surrounding the controls).

If I can't find a set to buy, I can always go back to the boneyard, pay for the broken pieces and use them as a template to make another set. I have the walnut and the tools to do the job, but I would prefer to pay for a complete set.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Frost said:
I realize this may be a longshot but, does anyone know where I can get the real wood trim that was available in the '88 Fleetwood? I found one in a boneyard up here but the interior wood trim was all busted up by the Neander-Toads who destroyed it while in the process of getting at the stereo and a few other goodies in the dash. The trim covers the main instrument area in front of the steering wheel, wood surrounds are also over the fog light switch and twilight sentinal pod) and is also on each door (surrounding the controls).

If I can't find a set to buy, I can always go back to the boneyard, pay for the broken pieces and use them as a template to make another set. I have the walnut and the tools to do the job, but I would prefer to pay for a complete set.
My opion would be to make it yourself just to say you did it. Its kind of a man with his tools kind of thing for me.
try junk yards, ebay

·
Registered
1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear you on that one and I have no real hesitation in doing it, but if the pieces exist elsewhere in useable condition, it would save me quite a bit of time. For that matter, any old trim would do, including the plastic stuff. All I need is something to make a template from, then have at 'er.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
1987 and 1988 Fleetwoods had it too but the ones I've seen didn't look as nice as the wood in the 90s Fleetwoods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts