Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a cadillac forum but I had to add this one...I couldn't resist...

So I'm in college about 3 years ago with my buddy driving back to school from a weekend in Vermont. It is late July and traffic is moderate/heavy on I-93 and i-95 south heading down to Boston.

We're rockin the 2 door `88 Olds Cut Supreme. I bought the car for $1000 bucks and drove it for 3 years during college. Best car ever. I still have it, but don't drive it anymore. So I'm bombing down the highway weaving in and out of traffic because the thing is basically a go cart and has serious balls in its 2.8 liter V6.

We came up on a red BMW roadster red convertible with these to pretty boy 20 something dudes in it. You know the type, born with a silver spoon, JCrew scarf wearing, button down pink polo shirt wearing flamers...

Now obviously on the open road I didn't stand a chance with a BMW roadster but there was a good amount of traffic and sometimes I like to do my Al Unser Jr. impersonation.

I passed the BMW while it was trying to get in the left lane but I didn't let him in. About 2 minutes later it flew by me on the left trying to dust me but up ahead there was too much traffic to get anywhere. We exchanged passes about 3 times each but kept on eachothers asses because we couldn't get out of the traffic.

Finally these guys really start to piss me off and it was splendidly clear that the race was on!! They were in front and pulled into the left lane trying to pass a tractor trailer that was in the middle lane. There was a volvo in the far right lane and a lot of open road in front of the Volvo. So I decided to pull out all the stops and just pulled onto the shoulder and passed the Volvo doing about 90. I sped past the volvo, got in the right lane and sped by the tractor trailor. There was a shit load of open road in front of me and the roadster was burried behind a pack of 5 sunday drivers....suckers.

We gave the jcrew prep allstars a couple beeps, the `ol one finger salute, and the pleasure of watching the Hill Killer (car's name) fade into the distance at about 110 mph. Nice try see ya next time...over and out.

Give me a shout if you got love for the Cutt Supremes...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Love the car, HATE THE WAY YOU DRIVE!
You're lucky somebody didn't kick your ass for that stunt. You're also lucky nobody got hurt.
I've done some questionable stuff on the road from time to time but would NEVER do something like that. And I certainly wouldn't BRAG about it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK DAD
People take risks sometimes in the heat of competition...I don't make driving like that a habit. It was actually dangerous to pass on the right, but i did it any way to win. I don't drive my caddy like that, I just don't need to. "You're lucky somebody didn't kick your ass for that stunt." Please. No one is going to do any ass kicking unless its me. I respect your opinion but regardless of your opinion, it was an EPIC battle plus I won in my thousand dollar car vs a new bmw sports car. The story is definitely worth telling. Think of me what you want Kevin.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
AirJigga25: "People take risks sometimes in the heat of competition..."

You're kidding right?

AirJigga25: "The story is definitely worth telling"

Yeah, if you like proving you're stupid.

AirJigga25: "No one is going to do any ass kicking unless its me."
"it was an EPIC battle....."

I thought you said you were older than 16? I can't believe you're so arrogant about this.
Do all of us on the road a favor and grow up before you kill somebody. Oh, maybe you'll just call that "collateral damage" huh.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I agree with kat and brett, I am all for a little racing now and then, but doing crap like that is the way to get someone killed. It may not have been a big deal to you, but think about if you would have hit someone going 110. Not pretty... Certainly a little drag now and then on an empty country road is OK, but weaving in and out of traffic near 100mph is just stupid. Thats also what the track is for...

Cut. supremes are pretty solid, and have some zip for how small of engine they have.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
See i have three problems with your story
1. you were being stupid
2. Beating a car because your driving like and A S S H O L E doesnt meand anything
3. It was boring and unimpressive.

Im glad your car can go 110 mph ive taken my vw golf to 130 on the highway, your not that impressive. Secondly, your homophobic comment and the fact that you cant see that you were being stupid lead me to believe that you are infact homosexual, is there any truth to this? If not then you need to come out of the closet. Now i love driving fast and if your willing to risk a ticket to do it i say fine. But you werent just risking a ticket you were basically saying me driving fast is more important then the safety of any other human being on the road. I only wish you would of gotten caught as my friend did and seen the amount of crap you have to do for getting pulled over at that speed. Can you say 6 months house arrest 1 year no license 60 hours community service etc etc. And this was him driving in straight line not passig on the shoulder.

In closing i am also a college student at Emory University and frankly your level of maturity makes me wonder how you passed any schooling past elementry class much less a real University.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Granted, you were a 19 years old at the time (if your dates are correct) so you almost had an excuse for being that stupid, but the part that REALLY scares me is that you don't see that it was stupid. We all do dumb things and years later look back and admit that it was dumb, but you sit here and not only DEFEND those idiotic actions, but actually try to pass it off as some kind of macho "kill story".
I hope the people who drive with you understand what kind of danger they're in while they're with you, and I hope that when you have your accident, you don't take anyone with you. I say that because it's a forgone conclusion that you WILL have one.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
iam18, i dont do crap like that. I mean so you beat a BMW becuase your more of an ass then they are, so what? i bet some where a kid in a BMW was on a forum talking about this dumbass that wouldnt let him in then ran off the road to get past. I mean do you REALLY think your V6 cutlass would beat a Z3 in any kinda of racing?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
AirJigga25 said:
thanks guys...I see how it is.
Can you even spell IDIOT? That's not a kill story that's one of those " I'm such an idiot I can't believe I didn't get killed or get the hell beat out of me" stories! I agree with EVERY OTHER POST! with regards to this story....

Your arrogance is only surpassed by your ignorance!

As far as nobody gonna kick your little cherry ass 'cause your so BAAAD.....That was just amusing.

You're a punk....and it shows!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yes as I was too. The last time I was brutal to a member you all got mad at me! But KC did it much better than I could have.

Very well said KC.

The only thing I have to add is, if he is going to drive his cadillac like that, then it needs to be taken away from him (KC, Kevin??). Or maybe just his license!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
He'll lose it soon enough without our help!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Very true. I wouldnt be surprised if he leaves the board like that other guy I kind of offended :halo:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Originally posted by elwesso The last time I was brutal to a member you all got mad at me!

But that member didn't say anything near like this guy did. That guy was talking about why soo many threads. This guy is talking about being Unser Jr. on our publics roadways. If you wanna race people and don't like Drag Racing the give Dwarf car racing a shot. I'm thinking about buying one of them cars next yr.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
13 Participants
kcnewell