Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sent it in a day or two ago for a racking pin to be put in the power steering....today when i drove it, this burning smell started, then i saw transmission fluid near the lifters right above to the right in a crack, i get it home and the service now light comes on, and it wont turn over, the lights won't come on, the locks don't work..... new batterie... whats going on please help.... :worship: i'm at your mercy

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Wow.... I have no clue what is going on.... I think it is an unfortunate coincedence of multiple things happening at once... Maybe your car has the much coveted self destruct feature :D .......

Sorry, thats not helping.....

Ill leave it up to the other people to work out this one......

But in any case, welcome aboard, and I hope you get this baby goin!!!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hmm i agree with wes i dont think most that stuff is connected. Unless the burning smell was the wiring and the fuses or some crap. The first thing id do is take out the battery and go get it tested at pretty much any store. If its good the next the to look at would be your alternator. If thats good then i think your in a world of pain. But ill also say im defn no car expert, youll get a bunch more people chiming in...

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Call the shop that installed the rack (BTW, I'm assuming you had a "rack and pinion" assembly installed), and tell them that right after you got the car back, you smelled something burning and now the car won't start. Have them tow it (at their cost) in and fix it. The rack is a large item that usually requires a good deal of manipulation of the surrounding items (like wiring harnesses) to do the R&R (remove and replace). It wouldn't be a stretch to have the shop mess up the routing of a major harnes or cable and then after some chaffing cause a short circuit in a major electrical circuit. Most likely, one of your fuses is now blown and disabling the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts