Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I rarely race, and I've never posted here before... but, I will admit to the one true race I have ever experienced. I was at a 2 lane red. In my 70' SDV that has virtually no paint so anyone who sees it and knows nothing about cars thinks "big old slow boat". We were both going straight through, he was in an 88 Bronco :confused: I'm not sure what posessed him to do this but at the light he floored it and look back at me... I had to give in to the temptation :want:Well after blowing away his bronco before the hill I let up a bit. Well as we just start the climb I hear the rattly ass bronco at full throttle coming up behind me, so naturally I floor it again, and once again blow him away, especially considering how much hill climbing torque the the high compression 472 has compared to whatever would be in that bronco, 2.something litre? And I let off the gas again... and hes still at it!! My friend was with me in the car and he told me to nail it again. So I did and we got to the top of the hill and he was way back there once again, we were going about 85-90mph at this point. This is getting sad at this point. We come up to another red and he pulls up beside me and doesn't say anything. Theres a lot of traffic up ahead and the two lanes merge into one and I don't want this to get dangerous so I just let him ahead of me when it turns green. Weird, weird "race"...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
WTF???? Was that the little Bronco II with the 2.9 V6? or the big manly Bronco with the 4.9 I-6 or 5.0, 5.8 V8? If it was the Bronco II, then the guy who was driving that is an idiot, and if it was the big Bronco, then it's decently quick.

Good kill anyways!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah it was the Bronco II for sure, I could understand a big mean full size Bronco, because there would have been a chance that he had something beastly in it but I guess he was just an idiot.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
yeah those '90s Bronco's with the 351 arent slow, they're very powerful!

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Hey if a 351w will go into a Ranger in place of a 2.9, it might just be able to go into a Bronco II.

Anyway nice kill I suppose. Would've been sad if you had lost.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I used to have one of those. The 2.9L is pretty quick for it's class, definalty smokes the GM 2.8L, but it is SLOW. Interesting kill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts