Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel stupid asking this being that I've changed GM stereos several times but i'm having a prob taking the cover off on the center of the dash to remove the stock radio and installing an aftermarket one on my 87 Brougham RWD. There are two screws on the side of the cover that I removed, the bottom half lifts up but the top (where the A/C vents are) will not budge. There seem to be no other screws, I tried forcing it (kinda) and it feels like the cover will break. How do you remove this thing? Thanks for any help.

BTW: I posted this in the Fleetwood section but no replies. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Destroyer said:
I feel stupid asking this being that I've changed GM stereos several times but i'm having a prob taking the cover off on the center of the dash to remove the stock radio and installing an aftermarket one on my 87 Brougham RWD. There are two screws on the side of the cover that I removed, the bottom half lifts up but the top (where the A/C vents are) will not budge. There seem to be no other screws, I tried forcing it (kinda) and it feels like the cover will break. How do you remove this thing? Thanks for any help.

BTW: I posted this in the Fleetwood section but no replies. Thanks again.
Destroyer,
Have no clue on how to remove the stereo but a few pointers i can help with.
1. Buy a shop manual
2. get a print out from the dealership
3. go to a junk yard and find one that is similiar to yours and start ripping it apart to learn how to do it with out breaking it

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are two more screws behind the A/C vents at the very top.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jmblimo said:
There are two more screws behind the A/C vents at the very top.
Thank you. Got the new stereo in and sounds great. Thanks again. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Destroyer