Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an owner of a 1987 DeVille that is in excellent condition besides a few mechanical/electrical problems. The main problem with the car is the fan. A little while ago the fan stayed on and well.. stayed on. I had to cut the electrical wire to the fan to get it go off. It would stay on even whenever the car was off. We normally take our cars to a shade tree mechanic and he seemed to think that the problem was with a computer module that would cost $300 to replace. The climate control works fine though... Anyone on here have any problems like this?

The other problem is similar but with the antenna. The antenna is the powered type that recedes whenever you turn the radio off. I turned my car on recently and the antenna made the noise it normally makes when going up or down but it wasn't moving. It made the noise even when I turned the car off. I took out the fuse for the antenna and it’s stuck up. Anyone know what the source of this problem is?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
For the fan, Im gonna say the relay of some sort.... There is a 3 or 4 way switch (depending on how many fan speeds you have) and sometimes they stick on the highest setting..... It might be a computer thing too......

For your antenna, the belt is probably broke.... There is a nylon belt inside the antenna mast that wraps around the motor, and after time they break..... Just get a new mast assy (~$10), or get the whole thing from a junkyard (slightly more)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts