Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 cadillac deville
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this car has been my rolling project. as in, it rolls back and forth to work but seems to always need some mostly minor repairs. the current problem is my power windows, they all work off the switch thats not the problem, what is the problem is the driver side rolls up very very slowly, and seems to be dragging especially on hot days. when its raining or wet it doesnt have these troubles so much, it still rolls slowly but it doesnt make the dragging sound. ive never worked on older style power windows and i was just wondering if maybe it was a lubrication problem or if it was off track... common issues that could solve my problem. since my AC doesnt work these windows are the only thing keeping me from roasting off that caddy engine heat. any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,851 Posts
Re: 87 cadillac deville, power window troubles.

so this car has been my rolling project. as in, it rolls back and forth to work but seems to always need some mostly minor repairs. the current problem is my power windows, they all work off the switch thats not the problem, what is the problem is the driver side rolls up very very slowly, and seems to be dragging especially on hot days. when its raining or wet it doesnt have these troubles so much, it still rolls slowly but it doesnt make the dragging sound. ive never worked on older style power windows and i was just wondering if maybe it was a lubrication problem or if it was off track... common issues that could solve my problem. since my AC doesnt work these windows are the only thing keeping me from roasting off that caddy engine heat. any advice is greatly appreciated.
==================
i was just wondering if maybe it was a lubrication problem
very possible - even probable -
that old - original grease is dried up - and has attracted dirt for 28 years -

pull the door panel off -
use a can of brake-cleaner and a toothbrush -

then re-lube with spray can of white lithium grease -

1 - 2 of 2 Posts