Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1986 DeVille / Fleetwood. I just picked up this car so i dont know much of its history other than I found a reciept that a new condensor/accumulator and recharge of 134A was done appx 10k miles ago.

when i turn the on the AC, the air doesnt get cold. Fan works lo/hi and i can bump the temp by hand down to 60*, but the air dont get cold. the fuse for the AC is good.

whats the easiest / cheapest way to diagnose why its not cold.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,564 Posts
Put a set of gauges on the service ports and get the high and low side pressure readings.

·
Registered
87 Deville, 4 door
5 Posts
I have an 87 DeVille 4 door, and my problem with the AC is lack of real air movement from the vents. Blower motor sounds powerful enough.Does yours have a good air flow out of the vents? Just curious. Sounds like your problem should be an easy fix. I am still searching for vacuum leak or problem with one of the doors that direct the air. Real Bit#ch to move around under dash. LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 87 DeVille 4 door, and my problem with the AC is lack of real air movement from the vents. Blower motor sounds powerful enough.Does yours have a good air flow out of the vents? Just curious. Sounds like your problem should be an easy fix. I am still searching for vacuum leak or problem with one of the doors that direct the air. Real Bit#ch to move around under dash. LOL.
yeah, mine blows good. are you sure you selected the "HI" mode on the panel?

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,564 Posts
Check the HVAC housing on the firewall. If it has gotten brittle and cracked, then all the air is being diverted under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the suggestions guys, but the car is gone.
i sold it as is last night.
cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts