Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.:D

I'm glad I found this site, everyone seems to be really helpful here!!
Can anyone help me with this?
My heater seems take forever to come on, and my a/c does the same. When it's cold out, the a/c works and when its hot the heat works (basically works opposite of what I need):rant2:

I have replaced the blower motor twice, so I know it's not my fan.
I bought a thermostat which I havent installed yet (I'm waiting for my car to cool down) but since my fan comes on and off, it seems like something electrical. So I am pessimistic about the thermostat fixing it. If anyone has any insight, I would most grateful.

My car is an 85 seville with a 4.1 (4100)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I only have the book for the 90's models but it sounds to me like the "heater/A/C programmer". On the 94 seville it is just above the passenger side floorboard. You take off the plastic cover just above where your feet are.

It takes all the info from the temperature sensors and how you have the controls set at and outputs the air at the correct temp and the correct vent.

It really is not that hard to get at and remove. You should be able to get a junkyard unit for $20.00 bucks. new on for my 94 is over $550.00 but most junkyards don't even know what a "programmer" is.

Check this part out on this web site.

http://www.acdelcocanada.com/cmg/index.html

Go to the "
" drop down menu and select "Catalogue" and the stp through the menus. Super easy.

15-71466 MOTOR,HTR & A/C PROGMR

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks TRP, I checked that out....my programmer is in behind my glove box, i'm off to a junk yard for a replacement, i'll re-post if that solves this problem.

-MC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts