Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an '85 eldorado and am wondering how exactly to remove the front speakers. I haven't found any fastners on the grills and I'm afraid I'll wreak them by prying on them. Any knowledge is appreciated

Thanks

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
the dash pad probably needs to be pulled and i think they are 4x6 speaks tho im not 100% on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say dash pad are you talking about just the top plastic piece? and do you know if it comes off fairly easy? thanks again for your help.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
yea it could be removed various ways. My 83 Trans am had a bunch of screws holding it down to the dash as well as some by the defogger vents. My 97 ETC you have to pull the vents out and there are screws behind them that once removed you can pull the pad.

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
You need to remove the top dash pad.

There are several long screws above the vertical "wooden" dash instrument panels and glove box. they go in at an angle (upwards). Also don't forget to remove the screws holding the front defroster vents in place. They also hold the dash pad. Once you remove all the screws, you should be lift the back of the dash pad up. That'll get you access to the speakers. The speaker grills are held in by nuts under the dash pad.

I've done this few times couple of years ago. It wasn't too difficult.

Good luck!
Peteski

1 - 9 of 9 Posts