Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a leaky heater core in my baby and need to get her fixed ASAP. I was wondering if I was one of the lucky people who had a 20 minute fix to change the core or am I going to have to wrestle with the dash and from what I can guess about 30 miles of wire and all that. I'm about to go out and take off as much as I can find, I just would like to know what I'm going to get into and any tips or tricks others have worked out over the years changing these. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Do a search. There are some posts here already with instructions for how to do it. They shouldn't be too hard to find because it seems to come up a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched and couldnt find anything with my year car. I'm not that familiar with caddilacs since I just got this one, and didnt know the differences in years could possibly mean. From what I have gathered is that since the hoses go into the cabin on the passinger side as close to the fender as possible that I should be in luck and have a nice easy repair. I started to take everything apart but it started raining on me (hasnt rained in a week, but not 10 minutes after I start the skies open up, my luck)
But I had also read a few posts about it being a potential nightmare. I was just wondering what class my car fell into.

Sorry about posting an already exausted subject.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
All the DeVilles and Fleetwoods from 1985-1993 are all pretty much the same so if you find any information for any of those years you should be able to use it too. I don't think that's the kind that's too hard to do but maybe I'm wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
brougham