Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant belive it myself , it appeard to be a "crossfire" injected vette which werent that great , and backed up with the automatic and raceing strpies from a half arse vynal lettering shop, i had to get over to the right hand lane by the next intersection to get to work and traffic was stacked bad behind us , the only way over there was to really get on it , light goes green and i get a jump and then look over to see him , his nose is even with the rear wheel on my car , so i stayed in the thorttle and watched as i slowly pulled away. at 80 he finnaly gave up and i could get over safely and get slowed down before the intersection , im glad he did tho , but i wish he would have just let me over in the first place . i looked like some old basturd with his turn signal on for a 1/2 mile , only diffrence is i was doing it at 80mph

call it a kill , or call it whatever , but outrunning some basturd in a 84 vette with awful stripes attached to it -put him in his place , its bad people mess these vettes up the way they do tho

· Registered
14,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah i dont know , we boath left pretty hard but i came off the light faster (lower reaction time i belive) , he reallly didnt start looseing ground till around 65mph when i got to 80 he shut down . well im my opinon yes , he was a idiot , if i left normal we would have , if i left hard he leaves hard ( we played this game for 2 lights ) so i had to bet on the vette not haveing top end , it worked ....

im not dumb , i just have the balls to use the accelerator when i need to , now four years ago getting picked up going 105 in a 55 was dumb , that was before a few life changing events , now 95% of the time i just cruise along and mind my own bisness , its only a few times i have to use the power to get out of a situation

· Registered
14,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
katshot : your absolutely right , 84-90 vettes got faster just about every year , as for the slugs i belive my dads 73 has to be one of the worst , has a 190 horse smog 350 in it , still moves good but it weighs almost as much as my caddy

Sal : the 105 in a 55 was in alaska with my infiniti , was headed to anchorage before i left i placed a bet that i could make the trip in under 4 hours , so i running around 140 mph and my buddy says "hey that looks like a old cop car behind that tree" im like "oh shit!!!" slammed on the brakes and down shiofted as fast as i could , cop got me slowing down from 140 at 105mph , went to court the judge asked "whyd you do it ?" i said "sir we all do some really stupid stuff when we are kids " he goes yup i had a 67 GTO when i was a kid ,tell ya what go to drivers school and well pull it off your record ,DONT DO IT AGAIN" i said yesssir and that was that so i had to do 41 hours community service ,driver school and never got arrested . i made out pretty good eh ?

i did the community service to get out of paying cort costs , took a few days vaction to do it and in takeing vactation in the military you get extra cash for food and lodgeing expenses so i acctualy made 200 bucks off the deal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.