Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham De Elegance
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had an issue where a moulding came loose at the car wash.
It’s the anodized aluminum moulding that goes across the front of the Vinyl top.
One of the plastic clips broke and those things are unobtainium.
The parts guys at Les Stanford Cadillac in Dearborn couldn’t even find a picture or part number for one in the GM part number database.
A seller on ebay came up with a solution that worked.
These are 1 mm wider than the original but the work!

Ebay# 122056581502

Product Font Line Screenshot Material property

· Registered
70 Deville 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
1,264 Posts
I might be game to try them on my Seville. I have one that keeps popping off. My local dealer says he can get me the correct one from Auveco. I haven't brought the car to him yet to really see it. I like the 1 mm wider aspect to the one you posted

Doh, I just noticed it was for the front trim. My Seville doesn't even have front trim. Mine pops off in the back trim.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parts catalog has part number 20603072 for the '84 Fleetwood.
I see many listed on eBay. A common wind shield clip part used by GM for numerous years.
That looks like the window reveal clip.
The clip I was looking for attaches the chrome band on the front of the (half) vinyl top coming down on the B pillar between the door and the back side window.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

· Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
2,230 Posts
Number 4 in this diagram I believe, RF PNL CVR FIN UPR

The only clip I see is part 12338089 for RF PNL CVR R/WDO LWR FIN MLDG

I sure don't see one for RF PNL CVR FIN UPR

Hers is a rough picture of it

That type of molding was likley used on the Riveria, Toronado, Eldorado, Olds Cutlass, and Buick Regal from that era.
I had an '84 Olds Cutlass so I know what you are talking about. Eldorado Biarritz had a different chrome molding and it might have used the same clip. The Fleetwood parts catalog I have doesn't show a coupe diagram with the clips. It just shows a 4 door and all of the molding clips used. My Eldorado parts catalog has no diagram showing the clips.

· Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
2,230 Posts
Here are some better pictures.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Coupe De Ville, Fleetwood Brougham 4 door and Fleetwood Brougham 2 door have different trim moulding with different width.
I tried what seems like the most common size available but they were way too small.
The ‘84 Fleetwood Brougham seems to have a unique size.
I still have the broken clip and a couple of spares for the one that worked.

It’s set to millimeters.
Original
Font Material property Publication Advertising Signage

Solution

Font Wood Publication Metal Art

Number 5

Motor vehicle Font Car Rectangle Parallel

· Registered
'84 Eldorado and Seville
2,230 Posts
The Fisher Body Service Manual also doesn't provide clip part numbers. It shows the E body coupe roof.
You might try searching thru the parts catalog on the keyword 12-118 for the clip diagrams/parts on the GM Wiki parts website. Sure would have helped if they had put the body style codes in the book name in the drop down list. If you could find an E body parts catalog it might have the clip in it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Todd is the ebay vendor who sold me the clip:
New message from: midwestmusclecarspecialties (47,534TURQUOISE_SHOOTING_STAR Star)
Beautiful Caddy! Such good looking cars. I looked at that link and Thank you for putting that out there. I do appreciate it. I took a picture of an NOS clip I have here and as you can see on the package the GM part number is 20197203. Maybe you can post it on your forum and I hope that can help your Cadillac friends out and possibly locate some of those clips although not likely unfortunately. Maybe someday I will reproduce it. Thank you for your purchase and your information you provided on the fit. Have a great day.

Todd

Font Wood Handwriting Motor vehicle Gas

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Software

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts