Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
You have to start here.

After checking the codes, I would do this take off the air cleaner and pour a little gas down the throttle body. Now see if it starts and stalls. If it starts and stalls , it is a fuel problem. post back what happens.

Your spinning your wheels until you check the fuel pressure.
The other thing to check is are the injector pulsing.
Unplug the injectors. Plug in a injector noid light. See if the light flashes when cranking. Test both injector plugs.
Could probibly use a test light, but injector noid lights don't cost much & are safer.

There are many possibilities but you need to test to determin if it is a fuel pressure / delivery problem or a computer / sensor / wiering problem.

Be carefull with open fuel lines and turning the key on. Spraying starting fluid. Or dumping fuel down the throttle body. I seen more than my share of fuel fires.

Hello All,
I'm new here and have searched already so just be patient with me. With that being said, this is my first Caddy. It's a 84 Deville w/4.1 and it wont start. Long story short 2nd fuel pump later and i am now hearing it prime when key in ignition. Changed fuel filter, tightened it all up, let it prime several times to re-pressurize system and fuel line from filter, to solid line has hole and leaks. Change line, try to start car and will not start. The car turns over, and will start every time with starting fluid but not seeing fuel squirt from the 2 injectors. What else can i look at as the problem. Thanks
I had a similar problem with one of my Fieros on it's first start up after winter storage.
Did everything right, cranked, had spark and fuel pressure, but nothing coming from it's single and only injector. A good friend and mechanic came by, looked it over and said "got a hammer?" With that "what are you going to do with a hammer?" look on my face, he instructed me to get in the car and crank it. I did and it started.
What he did was lightly tap the injector to free it up. I also use StaBil before winter storage on all my cars which I didn't before when this happened. Haven't had a problem since.
To sum up, put it back together and give the injectors a tap while cranking it.
Of course if you have them out now, you could just tap them now and reinstall them. Some times the best fixes are the simplest one.

Billy Joel said it best: He's trading in his Chevy for a Cadillacyackyackyackyack.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.