Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, friend of mine has 1984 deville (with 4.1 V8) and he's trying to find a way to switch his instrument cluster to metric system.

Is it even possible? Maybe you know how :)

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Hi, friend of mine has 1984 deville (with 4.1 V8) and he's trying to find a way to switch his instrument cluster to metric system.

Is it even possible? Maybe you know how :)
I assume you could find a Canadian-spec '80-'84 Deville or '80-'89 Brougham and swap out the speedo and stuff...

Try Ebay. Someone on here may be able to help too.

·
Registered
1981 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
51 Posts
Yeah, my 81 Deville has kph. You can try some Canadian wreckers for a cluster. Make sure you specify overdrive transmission or not as they are different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh, I didn't make it clear (you can see my english isn't the best :)

I mean the electronic display. If there is any "combo" for pressing buttons to make it show values in metric? I think it can be done in the newer cadillacs.

But thanks to both of you for help :)

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Thanks for that info! At least we can stop trying.
If you are an egg head, you could engage the standard formula for conversion. Heck, just memorize the speeds at 25 mph, 30, 50, 55, 65, 75, etc. If you are travelling at other speeds, you can alway interpolate.

Or for the mentally challenged,

Print out a conversion chart and tape it to dashboard.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
If you are an egg head, you could engage the standard formula for conversion. Heck, just memorize the speeds at 25 mph, 30, 50, 55, 65, 75, etc. If you are travelling at other speeds, you can alway interpolate.

Or for the mentally challenged,

Print out a conversion chart and tape it to dashboard.
If you get it wrong the Mounties will write out the correct number for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts