Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to these forums but hopefully you'll be able to answer some of my questions. I have a 84 coupe deville that i'm working on over the winter to put on the road next spring. it has the HT 4100 V8 and is fully loaded, including the power sunroof. before it gets put into storage for the winter i'll be getting some body work done and getting it painted the original dark red/maroon color.

Now my problems are the gas gauge does not work, it's at full all the time. Are these cars known for having problems with this? If so where should i start to look to fix it? Also are there any companies out there who make gauge cluster replacements for these cars? I've started redoing the interior with dark red crushed velvet and black velour and will be covering pretty much everything including the dash with button tuck velvet so i'd prefer to fix these 2 problems before i tackle the dash.

Thanks to anyone who replies...

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
Get a shop manual and schematic suppliment. It will pay for itself on the first difficult repair. The gas gauge will be pinned on full if the circuit to the sender in the tank is not complete. You could have a bad sender or a bad connection somewhere. The schematic will help you figure this out in no time. Maybe someone on here will post it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK Thanks Ape Man. When i first bought the car i put it in the shop for some engine work, exhaust and certification and it also needed some electrical work to fix headlights etc. and when i got the car back all of the circuit diagrams and what not were left in the car. They seem to have every piece of electrical equipment in the car, is this the schematics you were talking about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts