Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...
I kept on getting a code 24 on my 83' seville (speed sensor circuit)so i pulled the speedo and removed the speed senor from the rear,when it was clear of the car it came apparent that 1 of the connections to the led's or whatever they are had come away from the globe,what i'd like to know is if this part is replaceable as without it i have no cruise control at all as this sensor reads from the speedo.I have tried a part# search but came up with nothing,maybe some of you guys can provide more info,or maybe source one for me to buy from you..Thanks in advance...Dave.

speed sensor part# 25007220

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone..lol...its just 2 feet of wire with a plug at 1 end and a couple of sensors at the other located at the rear of the speedo.

·
Registered
85 Eldo Biarritz
808 Posts
I got your email but since you've also posted here - I'll reply here. I don't think I have a spare one (but I can't check my stash at this time).

Yes, the sensor (optical pickup) is replacable. But it is probably too old to get from a dealer.

But as you said, it is just an IR LED, photo transistor and some wires in a plastic housing. I bet that the parts are all good and your problem is with the disconnected wire.

If you're mechanically inclined, try to crack open the plastic housing and carefully solder the broken wire back to where it disconnected from. Then glue the housing back together and all should be well.

If you can't fix it then your best bet would be to find one in a junk yard. Since you're in UK, that might be difficult.

One place you could check is http://www.cadillacsonly.com .
Maybe others here will chime in with other used car parts websites.

Peteski

1 - 3 of 3 Posts