Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone who reads this...
Has anybody had any dealings with the torsion bar setup on the 80>85 seville,mine feels a bit soft and the front end does look a bit on the low side.I replaced the shocks recently which did improve the ride but it still looks a bit too low.Is it possible to adjust the torsion bars to restore the ride height...Many thanks in advance....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
There are adjusting bolts at the rear of the bar. They allow some adjustment if they aren't already screwed in all of the way. Make sure you align it after any noteable height change.

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying,i had a look at the bolts today and they still have a lot of adjustment on them so hopefully that should do the trick,i guess this has to be done with the weight off the front end or can it be done where it sits.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem,i thought it would have at least a coilover setup,the torsion bars and shocks dont seem enough for the weight they are carrying...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
Can be done with car elevated on ramps. I used a 1/2 inch drive ratchet with a piece of 2 foot pipe over the wrench handle for leverage. As you raise the car you are putting more tension in the bar, which makes it stiffer. Measure from the frame, not the fender to the ground to confirm same height side to side. Then have it aligned to spec. Oh! and readjust your headlights so you wont blind me!

·
Registered
83'Seville
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol carnut,i dont think my lights are that powerful that you'll see them in the U.S...but just to be sure i'll fit some bat symbols to the lenses and switch them on,then check back to see if you spotted them...:thumbsup:
The seville is in the garage as i type so hopefully it will come out looking good and running straight...Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,738 Posts
You're welcome! At least you wont be on the correct side of the road!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts