Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When accelerating the other day, the car starting making a clanging noise, just before I shut off the engine, the "oil pressure light" came on. Tried to restart, no go. Had power to starter, replaced starter. Starter would engage, but would not turn flywheel. I understand this motor had alot of problems. No lites came on prior to this time. Is there anything other than blowing up the engine that would cause the flywheel not to turn?

·
Registered
8 Posts
if motor wont turn over probley is seized up aka motor blown clanging noice you heard was probley a throwen rod i pull of oi pan and look but dont sound good your going to eigher pay big bucks for new motor or junk car and buy new one dont know havent seen car so cant tell you for sure but that old of car probley not worth new motor i junk it

·
Registered
215 Posts
Remove or loosen the belts to eliminate any possibility of an accessory seizing up and try to turn the engine over again. Try turning it over by hand if you can. This eliminates the possibility of a jamming starter.

If the engine will not turn over, and since the oil pressure light came on, I would say the engine has made its' exit of this world.

If so, you can purchase a reman, the best scource would be from GM, or I have heard Jasper is a good scource too. This would depend on the condition of the car and/or how badly you want to keep it. The decision here is yours.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DrDave