Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1982 Coupe Deville with the original radio. The power antenna is stuck in the UP position and wanted to know:
1. Is there a simple solution to fix this?
2. Is this the reason that my FM reception has no sound
3. I am looking to install a new head unit. Will this affect this radio also.

I want to install new speakers as well. What sizes will fit the front and rear of this vehicle? I want to put 10" subwoofers in the back deck. Will this fit or should I install a smaller size?

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
There's probably something wrong with the antenna itself that it's stuck up. Do you hear any noise from it at all like it's trying to go down? Maybe it's been disconnected. If it hasen't use a test light or a volt meter to see if there's power going to it. It's not unusual for power antennas to have problems.

If there is something wrong with the antenna that could well be why you're having problems with the radio, and if it is then it WILL probably affect a new one too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brougham said:
There's probably something wrong with the antenna itself that it's stuck up. Do you hear any noise from it at all like it's trying to go down? Maybe it's been disconnected. If it hasen't use a test light or a volt meter to see if there's power going to it. It's not unusual for power antennas to have problems.

If there is something wrong with the antenna that could well be why you're having problems with the radio, and if it is then it WILL probably affect a new one too.
I dont hear any noises at all from it. How do I check the power going to it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
There should be a connector going to the motor....... You may have to pull away the trunk lining to get to it.....

my suggestion would be to try that.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
brucewayne00 said:
I just purchased a 1982 Coupe Deville with the original radio. The power antenna is stuck in the UP position and wanted to know:
1. Is there a simple solution to fix this?
2. Is this the reason that my FM reception has no sound
3. I am looking to install a new head unit. Will this affect this radio also.

I want to install new speakers as well. What sizes will fit the front and rear of this vehicle? I want to put 10" subwoofers in the back deck. Will this fit or should I install a smaller size?

Thanks for your feedback.[/QUO

Your front speekers are 3in x 5in plate and you rear should be a 4in X 10in. Well about putting 10's in your Lac......hum.....Well i like to go big so i put 4 12"s in my trunk.....If you go too big you will have to put a bigger Alt., Bat., Cap.,

Ps. Use good size wire when putting in your amp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have fun replacing the front speakers. You almost need to remove the whole damn dash. I put some nice 4x6 pioneers in they are small but sound pretty good. My antenna is stuck also but I don't listen to radio much thats why I put in Sony CD Deck. As far as the rear speakers go if you are going to use a box go with 10s if you want to mount them to the car don't go any larger than 6x9.

Good Luck,

B

·
Registered
33 Posts
I recently bought an 82 coupe deville and had the same antenna problem. I just opted to rip out the whole damn thing and go with an internal antenna. Bit cleaner look, as I could shave the antenna escutcheon. I also consider it a plus that the ht4100 now has to carry about 6lbs less (can't hurt right?).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts