Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If it's the 'short' style EV6 it should fit without problems. An injector is an injector and there's very little variation between ford and gm. Only thing to check is to make sure you get the regular oval connector or appropriate harness. I think it was oval.

BTW, that's a lot of injector, hope you're pumping a lot of fuel or you might run into tuning issues and a dodgy idle.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what size injectors are u running? and what fuel system..My 405 stroker with 9.3 to 1 pistons, and the bullet cam with dart 225 heads should put me at 485-500rwhp without boost...I'll have a rear mounted 92 Garrett turbo which i hope to run tops 15psi...should put me around the 700rwhp mark..I think the 80lbs. would work great, IF they fit:rolleyes:
ps: I think they are the long ones

·
Registered
'06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor; 2014 XTS-Vsport
634 Posts
80Lb injectors will be more than enough.
65lb or 70lb would be optimum . . and that would be for
> 800hp at the crank,
> fuel rail pressure at 60lbs,
> duty cycle at 80% to 85%,
> brake specific fuel consumption at 0.60 to 0.65
You could get by with 60lb to 63lb if you raise your fuel rail pressure to 70lbs.
> According to my chart.
> ~:noidea:~

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
On a related note if I were buying injectors outright they would be OEM. LS9's if they flow enough for you application (to lazy to check).

Tuning injectors that you have ALL the OEM data on is ideal compared to aftermarket ones with no published data (at least not without spending big dollars).

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
what size injectors are u running? and what fuel system..My 405 stroker with 9.3 to 1 pistons, and the bullet cam with dart 225 heads should put me at 485-500rwhp without boost...I'll have a rear mounted 92 Garrett turbo which i hope to run tops 15psi...should put me around the 700rwhp mark..I think the 80lbs. would work great, IF they fit:rolleyes:
ps: I think they are the long ones
I'm still on my maggie 42lb injectors and I know I'm maxxing them out at WOT (over 90% DTC). I have some siemens 73lb ev12 replacements that I'll drop on at some stage in the near future.

80lbs should be more than enough for your application. You can get away with 70s also. Make sure you get branded ones or ones that at least have some tuning info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts