Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Seville STS (167k)
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/8TopTrafficTicketMyths.aspx?page=1

Myth No. 1

If the officer makes a single mistake on your ticket, the case will be dropped.

Myth No. 2

If the officer doesn't show up in court, you automatically win.

Myth No. 3

Red cars get more tickets.

Myth No. 4

You need a lawyer to beat a ticket.

Myth No. 5

If you get a ticket in another state, your home state won't find out about it.

Myth No. 6

You can make up an excuse to get out of the ticket.

Myth No. 7

A radar detector will ensure that you never get pulled over.

Myth No. 8

If you don't sign the ticket, it will be dismissed.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I know of a half dozen times where Number 2 was true as well. Officer did not show up, ticket was dismissed. The radar detector thing is just plain stupidity.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
#2 is a myth sometimes. Because there are an awful lot of kangaroo courts in this country. If the state or town can't provide their expert witness, which is the officer, they have no case. It should be dismissed.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
#6 is sometimes true.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
That is no longer true in NY state.

#2 is a myth sometimes. Because there are an awful lot of kangaroo courts in this country. If the state or town can't provide their expert witness, which is the officer, they have no case. It should be dismissed.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
For number 6 just tell the judge that your wife ran off with a police officer and you thought the one behind you was him trying to give her back.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I am gonna find out. I have two tickets in the last 10 months from Wisconson, and I live in IL. So if WI and IL share, my insurance should go up next year.

X

·
0 Posts
Awesome! I swear I will use that one next time.

I just went to court yesterday on a 96 in a 75(middle of nowhere in Wyoming). I made small talk with the cop and was friendly. Long story short. When I got to court I was early. Saw the cop and Da chatting. Made small talk with them and the cop asked me why I was fighting it? I said I can't get a moving violation for my ins. I begged for a nonmoving w/same fine. They were in a good mood and the DA literally asked the cop if I was a dick to him or not. He said no, give the guy a break. Bam done. $150 headlight infraction for a 21 over biggie. It pays to be cool to the cops...:thumbsup:
For number 6 just tell the judge that your wife ran off with a police officer and you thought the one behind you was him trying to give her back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts