Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving up North here in New Mexico about 2hrs. from my home. Noticed my fuel gauge was not working and the CEL light was on. got to our destination and popped the hood and began to check fuses and found a large fuse blown, I looked up the fuse and it belonged to the air ride compressor. I decided to drive over to Autozone to purchase the fuse and have them check the codes out. about 6 codes came up from fuel level sensor to o2 sensor codes. So I began to look at other fuses and find the #8 10amp fuse blown. I replace the fuse and head back to our location. I pick up the Wife and kids and began heading home and the truck stumbles and bucks and drives like shit on the information system it reads "engine power reduced" I pull over and look under the hood and find the o2 fuse to be blown again. replace the fuse and limp home.
Next day I purchase 2 new downstream o2 sensors and install them figuring the heated element went out on one of the two and my problem would be gone, take it for a drive and it pops the fuse again!!
so here is my question I haven't been on ALLDATA yet to see if there is a TSB or a link between the fuel sending gauge the compressor and the o2 or all separate problems that just happened all at once, if anybody has had these problems recently (which I couldn't find on here) please tell me what you have found.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most likely in your case fuses would be blowing due to wiring issues since its different components.I've seen threads over time where people complained of wires being burned through on these trucks or being rubbed somehow.I'd have the truck inspected for wiring problems.The only way i can see an O2 sensor blowing a fuse is if the harness side of the wiring is somehow touching each other but I've never seen a faulty O2 sensor blow a fuse ever but theres a first time for everything.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the problem! there is a harness just above the u-joint to the front diff nearest the transfer case. the harness dropped down from its retainer clip and the u-joint rubbed right thru it. I'll be fixing it later and give the results.
With help from some techs at my local dealer they guided me in the right direction so it must be a common problem, maybe something the moderators might make a sticky out of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to me on my 2007 Cadillac Escalade and this post really helped me identify the problem quickly. After replacing 2 sensors and then finding the blown #8 fuse; The check engine light reappeared and I quickly isolated it to the wiring above the transfer case. I did not take pics, but the problem was fixed after mending the wires back together that had been seperated. Thanks for this post!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Here is my picture. Look above the transfer case. Been troubleshooting this for months. Thank you, guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts