Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had some people tell me things about this light but i want to know for sure..on my79 caddy sedan deville whenever i give it a little gas with meaning or whenver im going up north in the mountains pushing it to the floor in overdrive the little orange light comes on..dosent say anything next to it its just a little circle orange light..and i dont know what it is or means when it comes on so if anyone can help i would appreciate it:confused:

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 1980 deville and I wondered what is too, all it does is indicate that you are using more gas then is required for optimum gas mileage. If all fails look in your owners manual as I did as a last resort.

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
Yes, it is the economy light. As creeker said, it's simply telling you that the way you a driving right now gives you bad gas mileage. On the '76, and probably the '79, there's one that lights up green if you are doing good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one thing that i really likle about the caddy is that it has as you know a 425 big block..and ever since i have had this car it has never overheated and im suprised with such a big engine..even when i had my water pump go out and i had anti-freeze shooting all over my engine it still never overheated..i love caddy's

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,726 Posts
The 425's are one of the most reliable engines Cadillac ever made! One of the 1979's went 600k miles without a rebuid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts