Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Wkipedia these are pretty rare:

"The 1978 Cadillac Eldorado was the only American luxury car in its class (or any car class) to be offered with Power Sliding T-Tops that folded neatly inside the center-front roof. In this regard, only seven 1978 Cadillac Eldorados were known to have been produced with Power Sliding T-Tops customized and manufactured by American Sunroof Company under the direction of General Motor’s Cadillac Motor Division. There are seven known 1978 Cadillac Eldorados with Power Sliding T-Tops remaining: One (1) Black Eldorado Cabriolet; One (1) Carmine Red Eldorado Cabriolet; One (1) Cotillion White Eldorado Cabriolet; One (1) Colonial Yellow Eldorado Custom Biarritz; Two (2) Cotillion White Eldorado Custom Biarritz and One (1) Two-Tone Arizona Beige/Demitasse Brown Eldorado Custom Biarritz Classic."

And i found this one in town

i wonder if its a 78 and not a 77

http://kpr.craigslist.org/cto/3543852065.html

·
Registered
chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
6,397 Posts
Very cool. I'd definitely take a look at it. If it is a real factory T top car, its worth quite a bit. If not, well, it's still a really cool car.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
From the photo I don't think they are the power tops. If you look at the 6th photo and compare it to this one it looks like they are too close together where they meet at center of roof.

View attachment 102484 View attachment 102485

Still is a cool car even if they are an aftermarket add on. Would make a cool cruiser!

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
The 1977 or 1978 Toronado TS had this option, too. The panels slide underneath each other and sort of "stack". They also don't retract all the way under the center part of the roof.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I bet those are lift out ones added after factory. The outer chrome seems different and if you zoom on the photo it looks like too narrow a space between them to be the sliders. Hard to tell, hope Vincent or someone gets a chance to check it out and post more pics and info.

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ima be looking at this car tomorrow. It has a sad story tied to it, the Original owner (according to the wife) had committed suicide last year, and was a huge, huge Cadillac fanatic. Shes wanting to sell it to someone who will take care of it

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
That is too bad. Glad to hear you will get a look.

If he had only found this community, it may have helped. I know it's therapeutic for me.

Are you going as a possible buyer or just historian?

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Historian, my money is tied up. She says shes got an offer from someone in Yakima for $1500 but doesnt wanna go that low

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Historian, my money is tied up. She says shes got an offer from someone in Yakima for $1500 but doesnt wanna go that low
In that case you, or she, should post it in the for sale cars here, just in case an Eldo buyer is around. Have fun, I am anxious to hear what you find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts