Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a 79 deville, mine has the stock front bench but the motor broke so im wondering if a manual bench seat from a caprice will fit? im thinking the 77-79 caprices might fit perfect

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
IIRC they are a similar chassis... and nearly everything GM is interchangle :)

but why? the Caddy seats are much more nice.... plus, isn't your seat not a "real" bench seat... it is 60/40 or 50/50 split, right?

I'd fix or replace the motor, no way I would put the Chevy seat in the Caddy, color and pattern woudln't match either.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
No way you'd be able to pull a junkyard one and have it look decent in your car. Pull the motors from a junkyard Caddy seat and go from there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have the full bench seat no split :( but the problem is ive maybe seen 2 in all the trips ive taken to the junk yard of these model years...and wha i hate is if i find one pull the motor and find out this motor doesnt work either... i asked someone who owns a shop that doest seats if he had any ideas wha part number or wha motor from another car that is easier to get would work hopefully he gets back to me soon

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
'77-'92 were exactly the same inteiror (mostly)

find any year with colors that kinda match your car, take both front seats and the rear seat, put them in your car and be happy.

no way I'd be putting anything less in mine...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooooo so i can find any fullsize caddy seats from those years and it will fit?...got cha for some reason i thought it wouldnt fit and the bench from a caprice would but i can find 80s caddy parts easy thanks for the advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts