Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the ignition switch on steering column, solenoid on starter, distributor cap and rotor button, control module in distributor..the car started..I pulled it out of my shop.I parked it and when I went back to move it all I get is a clicking sound coming from thie relay that is mounte on the heater/ac box under the hood.Battery is up to full charge..The reason for changing all of these items is the car would just knock off driving down the road.After it cooled off it would restart.Sometimes it would crank but not start.You could even switch it off and take the key out of the ignition and it would continue to crank.Can someone please help me..

·
Registered
2017 XT5 Premium Luxury
6 Posts
I had a 75 coupe that did that same sort of thing. Ended up being 2 things. Bad distributor module and aftermarket parts. Had it taken to the shop and they put in Delco cap rotor and module. He said Delco or Standard are the only good ones. Stay away from house brands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed out my cap.rotor button and module with Accel.It ran fine.
Then starter died just like flipping a light switch.No warning whatsoever.Installed new starter and now I am good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts