Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at an all original 76 hearse . it's got the 500 motor in it showing 76000+ on the clock . it seems to be all there . runs great , no rust etc . can you guys tell me any pros and cons of this vehicle , motor etc ? not being a gm guy , i'm in the dark on this one . that is why i'm here asking for help . what kind of fuel mileage should i expect ? this would be my daily driver the owner is asking $5k obo, is this reasonable ? thanks to all in advance !!!

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,476 Posts
I would expect to average 10mpg.. I might be worth 5K , but I would never pay that.. That price is for someone who knows what it is and REALLY wants it.. I would not use it as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Hearse (Miller-Meteor)
1 Posts
I've got a '68 M&M Hearse and double-digit MPG is lucky at best. Being a Hearse, expect all kinds of odd issues that a normal Caddy may not see or experience due to the various modifications the coach manufacturer did for the conversion. I would highly recommend not using this as a daily driver. It was not designed to be one either if you think about it.

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
Why can' it be used as a daily driver? So long as the engine/trans/rear is ok it should be fine, no matter what body is on it. It's still a very stout drivetrain.

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,476 Posts
Its a matter of how much you drive.. If you drive a lot of miles it my be better to get something that gets double the gas mileage.

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
If there is no rust you shouldn't have any problems with it. The drive train is as reliable as it gets. It's a Cadillac; the best of everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts