Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I was on the horn today with a guy who works for cadillac tunning and he said the ctsv is gonna be a real let down. HP may get reduced all the way to 295! THey seem to be having lots of problems with exhaust laws

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Kill The E.P.A.!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Waitasec... what exhaust laws?

The LS6 in Corvette meets all emissions and noise regulations. How does this suddenly change when you drop it into another chassis?

The only way you're getting an LS6 down to 295hp is by pulling two wires. And feeding it 87 octane. And taking a leak in the gastank.

Even the LS1 has never been rated that low.

I call BS.

.Jinx

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I like the front bumper.

The rear bumper is so-so.

The wheels gotta be replaced.

Kinda glad not to see a rear spoiler.

If it doesn't have 350hp, then they might as well just sell these parts through the parts department.

If it doesn't have 400hp, then GM still doesn't get it and likely never will.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
All he said was that he was really unimpressed and that it was gonna be one of two engines a 295 hp or a 310 engine but he said probably @ 295. I wish i would of pushed him more about why this was he said something about DOT and engine laws and exhaust. I dunno what its all about but im just passing on what i heard. I was only half listening cause i cant get a cts v anyway, but i am sure he said it would be @ a reduced range for hp

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
I was on the horn today with a guy who works for cadillac tunning and he said the ctsv is gonna be a real let down. HP may get reduced all the way to 295! THey seem to be having lots of problems with exhaust laws

That doesnt seem likely....i've read/seen GM people quote 350-400hp, the new v6 will be 260hp so what would be the point and the real kicker is the "exhaust laws" that you mention, there are no exhaust laws that would preclude them from using an LS1 or LS6 in a CTS. That being said GM has been known to let people down before, so lower hp is a possibility, but i dont think it will be as low as 295.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It would hardly seem worthwile to be waiting for the V-series V-8 with a big 'ol 35 horsies more than the new V-6 and shelling out big bucks as well! For my money, I'll reserve judgement until I see the real specs on an announced CTSv. I beleieve that what was heard/passed on was an engineering discussion of a work in progress. IMHO, if all details were ironed out by now, GM would have announced the details on the CTSv-series.

Net, net, don't panic yet. My money and my hope are on a real performance engine with most, if not all, of the Vette markings, characteristics, and power.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: NEW NEW NEW: CTSv Spy Photos muahaha!

What you heard may be in reference to the Direct Injection V6 will reportedly will have 300hp, the new base V6 will have 258hp according to GM literature on Cadillac FAQ, so far rumors have the CTS-V with some sort of forced induction, knowing the way GM is about saving money, I would bet the CTS-V will get the STS-V and XLR-V supercharged Northstar, probably with less hp that the STS' 469.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Re: NEW NEW NEW: CTSv Spy Photos muahaha!

Funny, the "GM" guy I talked to yesterday said it's going to be 500hp ("just shy of the Corvette").

p.s. The one he mentioned was being used for 6 speed automatic transmission calibration (stick will still be available)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
sy1172