Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
I believe it is a 1976 Fleetwood wagon. I e-mailed them to see if they are selling the whole car. Looks like some rust on the hood and sides. I may take a trip to LA this weekend :stirpot:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well the people that are selling this car have been very helpful. They have sent me some inside shots. The interior is messy, but not torn up. Leather seats looks a little worn though. There are no holes or dents in the body but a lot of surface rust. Not really too sure of what the top is supposed to look like. From the pics I have gotten it looks like a halo vinyl top with a large stainless steel band that is forward of the station wagon part of the car. Also I am not sure how I would replace the rear window that is broken out. From what I tell the tail light fillers would be just the regular ones that go on a standard Fleetwood or DeVille of the same year. As for getting the running not sure what would all be involved. Any one have any ideas on what I might be getting into here?
:confused:

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,826 Posts
I would think that the rear window would be a standard GM unit. Start looking at images of similar year GM wagons and see if you can spot it. Alternatively, search the web for someone who has one (I am sure someone must have a web page on one of these things), and ask them for the data on the window (or, they may know the window source). A glass shop should be able to figure that out.

Check this out:

http://www.stationwagon.com/gallery/1976_Cadillac_Castilian.html

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To re-iterate what I already said, if I was in Cali, it would be in my driveway. It would be sad if this car finds its way to the crusher.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok everyone I am off to Anaheim tomorrow morning with my trailer to pick up my new 1976 Caddy wagon. I paid $600.00 plus tax for the car. I am going with a new battery, a set of tires and jack and some gas and see if I can get the thing started to get it up on my trailer. I agree that this was too rare to go to the crusher. I will post pics once I get it home. Look for a lot more posts on getting this car back to it original state. Another adventure begins:)

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
That is so cool! I so happy a member got that and it isnt going to the crusher. If i get the Sage coupe it'll be a regular rare Caddy restoration party.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok everyone I am off to Anaheim tomorrow morning with my trailer to pick up my new 1976 Caddy wagon. I paid $600.00 plus tax for the car. I am going with a new battery, a set of tires and jack and some gas and see if I can get the thing started to get it up on my trailer. I agree that this was too rare to go to the crusher. I will post pics once I get it home. Look for a lot more posts on getting this car back to it original state. Another adventure begins:)
Goal for Wheelman. I may have to start posting more of these threads. I see lots of potential projects, but my wallets getting empty and my driveway is getting full. Good luck Caddyman, I'm sure you'll keep us updated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I also wanted to thank Wheelman for the tip. I am excited about tomorrow. We shall see what I have purchased. Like I said earlier pics will be on tomorrow evening

D

·
0 Posts
I also wanted to thank Wheelman for the tip. I am excited about tomorrow. We shall see what I have purchased. Like I said earlier pics will be on tomorrow evening
Nice man!. Bittersweet cause you saved this piece of Cadillac history from the crusher. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well the car is home and it has been a long day. My two friends and I got up early to hit the road. Once arriving at the pawn shop where the car was located. It was being store behind the pawn shop. I met the consigner who was selling it for the owner of the pawn shop. Behind the shop there where various boats, trucks, and 86 Mercedes 560 SEL, two Nash metroplitians and finally the Cadillac. The first thing I saw was the huge hitch on the back of it. Amazingly enough the rear tires still had air in them. The two front tires are shot. I brought an extra set so my friends and I replaced the front ones. We put a new battery in the car and all the inside lights work. The power windows work. Locks dont work. Leather inside is dried out. The carpeting is a lambs wool type dirty but very plush. The outside has all its emblems, chrome is good. The chrome trim pieces on the roof will have to be rechromed along with the band that hides what I am thinking will be the seam for the wagon back end. I will have to replace the hood rusted pretty bad. The conversion seems to have involved using a lot of body filler which is popping out on the roof. Cont. next thread

1 - 20 of 51 Posts