Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Eldorado, 1973 Sedan DeVille
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine looks like it is missing the lever that goes with the switch to the carburetor linkage (see below). I have no idea what this bracket looks like. Can someone post a pic of that area of the engine? I may have to fabricate something.... (472 engine)

Thank you!!

IMG_1453.jpg

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, there was another on on eBay that I was able to get. Not cheap, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Thanx, there was another on on eBay that I was able to get. Not cheap, that's for sure.
Yeah, you may guess what I paid for it at Caddy Daddy... I guess its weight worth in gold :rolleyes:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are pics of the old one and the "new" one I got. The old one had its "ear" broken off. I might be able to salvage it by JBWelding it.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
JB Weld does work good on those cast parts. Would sure be worth a try.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Here are pics of the old one and the "new" one I got. The old one had its "ear" broken off. I might be able to salvage it by JBWelding it.

The exact same happened to mine as I installed the carb back in after I overhauled it. It is made of plastic or backelite though. You might try to repair it with those heat glue or plastic guns?

----------

JB Weld does work good on those cast parts. Would sure be worth a try.
I tried with 2 component epoxy glue, but it didn't work.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
To repair it use the two part epoxy that specifies plastics.
Use a piece of small threaded rod (Small screw with head removed.), drill a hole in each piece large enough for the rod to slide in. Then apply epoxy to the parts and assemble.
The threaded rod will give you strength and support, the threads will give the epoxy a place to grab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts