Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Eldorado, 1973 Sedan DeVille
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was contemplating in installing an HEI distributor in my Caddy so I decided to open it up to check out the points setup. Long and behold, there are not points. It looks like some conversion took place. Since I am not familiar with Pertronix, I took some picture hoping that one of you fellows can identify this?

IMG_1404.jpg
IMG_1403.jpg

·
Registered
1977 Eldorado, 1973 Sedan DeVille
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx. Would it still make sense to pursue a true HEI distributor or is the Pertronix setup "good enough"?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,778 Posts
Look at the Pertronix site and find the companion coil for that Ignitor. A decent coil, new plugs, new distributor cap and maybe a set of "performance" plug wires is all you need.

We use exclusively Pertronix conversions in our Olds 455 and GM 454 marine engines (Delco points distributor conversions) and have good, long-lasting service with the products.

This is my boat engine - 1970 Olds 455 bored to 466 with many tricks - and all Pertronix.

Attachments

·
Registered
Something German S, 69 Eldorado, 68 Impala, If I tell you the rest, well
502 Posts
I would save my money, pertronix is good. If you wanted to keep a stock look, a lot of people choose pertronix. The only difference is what can your auto parts store get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts