Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add an air conditioner to my 71 Eldorado. Is this possible? Do you know of any vendors who sell them for this model? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,332 Posts
I agree. Can't imagine a 71 Eldo that didn't come with A/C. My 71 Riv and 72 Monte Carlo came standard with air.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree with alabassi, search "vintage air" on the net and you will find universal kit. And they are GOOD by the way. I put one in my 65 p/u truck and it will freeze you out ! cost me around 1600 bucks all in. BUT Murphs has a point.....Ive got a 69 deville and it has A/C....... are you sure that all you need is a new compressor? You might have to convert to a high pressure system so you can run the new Freon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at the top of your intake manifold forward of the carb. There should be drilled and tapped holes where the stock AC compressor would normally mount. My guess is that the compressor seized up and the previous owner just removed it and put a different belt on. Long ago, I had a '74 CDV that had a seized up compressor and I had to do that to get it back up and running ASAP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts