Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 71 Eldorado Convertible
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to convert the a/c from the climate control to a different style? If so can I use the existing compressor, and under hood components?
I have had no luck getting the a/c to work.

Maybe send me to another thread to see what others have done. Thanks-CJ

K

·
0 Posts
What are you saying is not working?
Regardless, a good A/C tech can get it working correctly.
What you’re suggesting would be infinitely more difficult than repairing it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I have the dial all the way over to the cold side, and the fan off there is a clicking sound coming from under my dash by the glove box, there isnt any air blowing at all when I do turn the fan on. Thanks

K

·
0 Posts

This it?
These are not easily repaired by the average home mechanic.
I would start by investigating the source of the clicking. It is possible that a single malfunctioning part could be causing the problems. It may be possible to spot it by observing it. The clicking may be a motor trying to close a door.

·
Registered
Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham de Elegance 1977
10 Posts
The problem can come from the relay for the fan or from the temperature sensor for the relay or from bad electric contact in the relay holder. The fan is steering by a sensor in engineblock (head passinger side,front, behind the generator) There is a sensor in the head that will swich ground when enginetemperature will go over 40°C. From there go's a groundline to the relay for blower (fan) and will switch on. The relay can also be out of order ore the elektrikel kontakt can be dirty. Than will be there come much head and can also not work. Step by step all examin. If elektrikal is on fanengine can also fanengine out of order. Can you examin when you put direkt elektrikel line from Battery to there.

K

·
0 Posts
Agreed, could be a relay. A schematic of the system would be very useful.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think its the a/c module that is bad, and as far ast the fan being driven from the block for the temp reading there isnt anything hooked up on that spot. Thnaks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This it?
These are not easily repaired by the average home mechanic.
I would start by investigating the source of the clicking. It is possible that a single malfunctioning part could be causing the problems. It may be possible to spot it by observing it. The clicking may be a motor trying to close a door.
Yes that is what I have

1 - 9 of 9 Posts