Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shipped my 70 Eldorado to Holland. Now this is a country that loves small compacts cuz of the road tax...

Anyway, you do see more and more Classic US here, because they are free of road tax. But the majority of drivers here are intimidated by monsters like my 8.2L gas guzzler.

Sofar I raced and surprised:

Golf GTI
BMW 320i, 325i
Opel Astra GSI
Mercedes C 180, 320, S300
Nissan NX100, X200
Camaro early 80's

Most of the times it starts off at some traffic light where they roll down the window to hear my deep roar from my mighty 500 V8 and straight through dual dampener. They smile or laugh and put some foot on the gas to show off their crackling ralley style exhaust. Very popular amongst youngsters here: slammed 80's-90's Golf, Opel of BMW with ralley exhaust and maybe some intake mods. We just don't have those real tar tearers like you have in the US, so they don't know what to expect from a 5000 lbs monster.
So there we go, I smile back and as the light turns green I put my foot down. Actually I have to ease on the gas, because it spins (its FWD and it sways from left to right). But sometimes I just let that happen for some more effect. At the next light their smile turned into big surprising eyes and I tell em' they were beat by 5000 lbs of raw US metal.
For only a 3 speed auto it's pretty fast in the end too. I keep pulling until over 130 and the needle goes off the dash. Of course, there shouldn't be no curve in the road. As a matter of fact the whole nose comes up as the hood catches air and acts like a sail which makes my heart pound like crazy. These compact euro's mostly don't go over 110-120.

So yeah, I love my big comfy monster!

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
70eldo said:
They smile or laugh and put some foot on the gas to show off their crackling ralley style exhaust. Very popular amongst youngsters here: slammed 80's-90's Golf, Opel of BMW with ralley exhaust and maybe some intake mods.
Yeah, we have those kind of people over here who do similar things to our economy cars. We call them ricers...

Kicking their ass in a 2 ton + car sure is fun. Must be great to have a huge car like that over there since your standard cars are so much smaller. On another forum a guy in Germany was doing a mild buildup on his 74 Coupe Deville's 472.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
tripleyellow78cad